We have 1/5 of the churches children just in our caregroup (not to mention I have 3 in childcare myself)! I counted 19 kids last night and there were a few not there! We have a great care group. The Dunlop's are our leaders/facilitators; and they have 3 beautiful children in our childcare.
Last night it was our turn to watch the kids. Katelyn and I were heading it up. We had a really blessed time. The children were very obedient and happy! Each one of the children are so unique. You can see their personality traits and some of their gifts. I feel honored to have the opportunity to spend time with them. Thanks to all the great families! (love ya'll)
It really isn't hard to watch all those kids considering there are at least 5 older kids to help. My girl Mikayla always makes herself available to help. The room could be trashed and they clean it in under 5 minutes! Tyler is a huge help. He really honors God in his attitude!
After my observation of this night and with prayerful consideration I think it is very possible to watch the kids as a 1 adult/1 teen team (male or female). It would also spread childcare serving out more. (Don't forget that there are 5 older kid helpers!) I think the teen boys would also benefit/grow by serving in childcare. They are probably gonna be fathers one day and it would be great for them to get some training in now. I know I was personally blessed with Tyler, who is 12, serving the younger kids.
If you have any suggestions or comments on this post em or email me. Thanks so much!
God is so kind to us and He really gave us grace last night. Thank you Lord....be glorified!
Daily Bible Verse
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Care Group Kids
Labels:
Friends,
Special Days
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment